This recipe is part of the Panem Thanksgiving series.
District One, the chosen favourites of the Capitol, have access to many resources the other Districts do not. They are as close to the Capitol as one can get without actually being in the Capitol itself.
This drink, blended with black tea and exotic spices, is a spinoff of a more elegant one found in the Capitol – but far more rich than most residents of Panem would be able to afford.
By November 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook: 1 min
This recipe is part of the Panem Thanksgiving series. District One, the chosen favourites of the Capitol, have …
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamom pods
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup black tea or 8 black tea bags
- 4 cups water
- milk and honey to taste
- If desired, place spices in a muslin bag to keep them contained within the pot. They can also be strained out at the end, so this is not necessary if no cloth bags are to be had. Cheesecloth will also work if it is used in several layers.
- Add spices, four cups of water, and tea to a pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- After 15 minutes, remove the tea bags (or, if a stronger flavour is desired, they can be left in longer). Simmer the tea for 45 minutes longer to infuse with the spices.
- Serve with milk and honey to taste.