Cobbled together from a mixture of meat unfit for the Capitol, flour from tesserae, and a collection of herbs and spices gathered in the surrounding grasslands, this is a standard dinner from District 10. The livestock District is one of vast fields and sweeping plains, but even these residents of Panem find themselves under the constant eye of the Peacekeepers. However, they still have time – and heart – enough to gather their families together for evening meals.
For such a straightfoward recipe, this is especially delicious. It’s best served with tesserae grain, or, if available, rice or potatoes.
By September 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Cobbled together from a mixture of meat unfit for the Capitol, flour from tesserae, and a collection of herbs and spices gathered …
- 6 pieces chicken drumsticks work well here
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon majoram
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a roasting pan, cast iron pan, or a baking sheet, place two tablespoons butter and two tablespoons vegetable oil. Allow to melt together in the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and spices.
- Add chicken pieces to the flour, turning and shaking to coat.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully add chicken pieces, spacing them apart slightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping halfway through. Cook until juices from the chicken run clear, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees.