Along the shores of District 4, Thanksgiving includes many of the same foods consumed year-round. Due to the oppressive heat, food is kept light and fresh, and almost always served cold. This cucumber and crab salad is the perfect refresher between heavier courses.
By November 25, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
Along the shores of District 4, Thanksgiving includes many of the same foods consumed year-round. Due to the oppressive heat, food …
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 lb crab meat
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Panem Kitchen sea stock or water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Peel and slice your cucumber.
- If needed, clean, boil, and shell crabs.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, sea stock (or water), soy sauce, and fresh ginger in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add crab and cucumber, toss. Chill for at least one hour before serving, stirring occasionally, to meld flavours.